Have you ever went on a vacation or a business trip alone and still worrying about the pet/s you left at home with a relative or a pet sitter? This type of anxiety can be countered by going all out and taking your beloved furry friend with you on your trip! But, the question is, are you up for it? Dogs can be great travel companions. Puppies don’t complain about the music or ask, ‘are we there yet?’ You should take pet travel etiquette into consideration—and your dog’s personality is key. Some dogs travel better than others. If you cannot take your pet, there are pet sitter options. If you have an upcoming trip to Australia to plan, you can start this new journey by checking pet friendly holiday homes Sunshine Coast or other places in the locality have to offer.
The advent of pet friendly holiday homes
Pet friendly travel in Australia is made easier thanks to Sunshine Coast pet friendly holiday homes and hotels, pet friendly motels and campgrounds, and other pet friendly rentals and accommodations. Once pet owners experience the tail-wagging joy of pet friendly travel, they will never want to leave their pets at home again. All it takes is a little planning.
Pet Vacation Planning Tips
Traveling with your puppy takes planning.
- Be sure your pet’s health is good. Visit your veterinarian for a checkup before you go, and make sure your dog’s vaccinations are up-to-date.
- You may need to update pet prescriptions and other pet medication before you go.
- Before loading up the family for a pet vacation, try out the pet travel concept by taking mini-trips by car to pet friendly locales.
- Be sure to verify the destination is pet-friendly. If you’re planning to travel to Australia, several online sources list pet friendly beaches, pet friendly motels, and pet friendly holiday homes in Sunshine Coast and other areas in the locality. There are also pet friendly rest stops on many major highways.
- Packing for pet travel means including dog food (bring more than you need), puppy treats, dog toys, and a dish. Include any pet medications.
- Have pet carriers or leashes ready in the event of a roadside emergency. Don’t forget his favorite blankets to sleep on and a jug of water. Tweezers to remove ticks and splinters, flea remedy, a brush, and shampoo will help you keep your dog groomed and welcomed at most pet friendly holiday homes Sunshine Coast has to offer or wherever you go.
Pet Shopping Etiquette
Aside from accommodation and checking pet friendly holiday homes Sunshine Coast has to offer, you also need to know some shopping etiquette since you’re probably going to buy stuff alone with your pet on your trip.
- Plan to take your obedient dog when the store is not busy.
- Before you enter the store, make sure your dog has relieved himself. There are usually trees, bushes or grass in the parking lot. Always clean up after your dog.
- If you have not been to a particular store but have called to confirm they are dog-friendly, still ask if dogs are allowed when you walk in.
- Keep your dog on a leash inside a dog-friendly store. Once inside, have your dog on a short leash.
- If another dog is in the store, avoid socializing the dogs. No matter how obedient your dog, you want to avoid causing a disruption.
- Only bring an obedient dog into the store.
For your pet needs, visit https://www.dogfriendlyholidays.com.au/en/811390/pet-friendly-holiday-homes-sunshine-coast.